The piping DJ!
That’s right, we can play the bagpipes for your Wedding or Event as well as DJ! An uncommon combination perhaps, but one that we are well known for across Dumfries & Galloway and beyond. The unmistakable sound of the bagpipes is the perfect finishing touch for your Wedding or Event.
The bagpipes have been a part of Weddings and Events in Scotland (and across the world) for centuries and the tradition continues to be as popular today. Whether it’s piping as guests arrive, piping in the keynote speaker or piping the Bride down the aisle, the bagpipes are a great way to grab everyone’s attention and highlight those key moments.
We often get asked when a piper should play at your Wedding, and whilst we are more than happy to advise, it really is up to you. To give you some ideas, here is a list of when you might like us to play on your big day:
- As your guests arrive – your friends and family are important and deserve a special welcome on your special day.
- As the Bride arrives – someone once told us that Scottish tradition says a Bride that is welcomed by a piper is guaranteed a long and happy marriage!
- Down the aisle – getting piped down the aisle is a popular choice for many of our Brides.
- Out of the Ceremony – you’re married! An upbeat tune on the pipes goes great with the sound of your guests applauding.
- Photos and drinks – the sound of the pipes in the distance is the perfect way to entertain your guests during family photographs.
- Arrival at the Reception – are guests travelling from your Ceremony venue to your Reception venue? Don’t miss another great opportunity to welcome them with the sound of the pipes.
- Top Table – another key moment that gets everyone on their feet and clapping in time with the pipes.
- Evening Guests – your evening guests are just as special and deserve that special welcome.
- First Dance – get piped in before taking to the dance floor.
- Piping DJ – you may even want some piping later on and our Piping DJ does an excellent upbeat set during the buffet.
There are endless opportunities for pipes on your big day and we can’t wait to discuss exactly how you want pipes to be a part of your day.
Events & Corporate
Whether it’s a birthday party, Burns Supper, product launch or Hogmanay, the pipes make a great addition to all events. We will work closely with you to plan out the exact piping requirements for your event, creating a package tailored to suit you. If you require more than a solo piper, that’s no problem! We can arrange anything from a piper and a drummer, to a whole pipe band.
What Happens Next?
Like what you have read? We would love to hear from you!
We can have a chat through your ideas and tailor our Packages to suit – remember Piping can be booked on it’s own or alongside one of our disco packages. Once we have ironed out the details, you can go ahead and confirm the booking by paying the 25% non-refundable booking fee and signing the Entertainment Agreement. Both of these can be done online, or we can post the paperwork out to you if that’s easier. Once that’s done, your date is secure and it’s time to start thinking about what tunes you would like to hear!