We Love a Ceilidh!
Ceilidh dancing has been a part of Scottish celebrations for centuries and it is a tradition that continues to be popular at Weddings and Events across the world today. We love a good ceilidh (who doesn’t?) and find it is an excellent icebreaker to get everyone up on the dance floor. No matter what age you are, how good a dancer you are or where you are from in the world, ceilidh dancing brings everyone together and is all about having fun and enjoying yourself.
Dumfries & Galloway’s Ceilidh DJ
Our Ceilidh DJ Package offers an affordable alternative to a ceilidh band, with an experienced Ceilidh DJ and Caller playing high-quality recorded ceilidh music from some of Scotland’s very best ceilidh bands. We take a simple and informal approach to calling and will introduce each dance, encourage your guests onto the floor and talk them through the dances step by step – we’ll have them all whirlin’ and birlin’ in no time.
We have a large repertoire of ceilidh dances to choose from including all the favourites, such as The Gay Gordons, The Dashing White Sergeant, Strip the Willow, The Military Two Step, St. Bernard’s Waltz and The Eightsome Reel. We can even do a few alternative ceilidh dances where we do the traditional dances to modern music. Let us know what your favourite dances are and we would be more than happy to include them in the set.
Mix It Up With Ceilidh DJ And Disco
Whilst ceilidh dancing is great fun, it does get tiring after a few dances! We like to add a modern twist to a traditional ceilidh by breaking up the evening with some disco music, giving you the best of both worlds. This gives the ceilidh dancers a chance to relax and have a drink, while those that prefer disco music get up and have a dance. The great thing is that it’s entirely up to you how much Ceilidh vs. Disco you would like – whether it’s just one or two ceilidh dances at the start of the evening or a whole evening of ceilidh, it’s no problem! We are completely flexible and can seamlessly change from one to the other at a moment’s notice.
THE RK DJ WAY – IT’S WHAT WE DO
- We pride ourselves in delivering the best possible experience for all our clients from that first email or phone call, to the very last dance of the night. When you get in touch, we will respond as soon as we can. We listen to your ideas. We are happy to answer any questions and offer advice on any aspect of your special event.
- All bookings are confirmed with a booking fee and a signed Entertainment Agreement to give you total peace of mind.
- We are delighted to be recommended by and play at some of the most prestigious venues in Dumfries and Galloway and work closely with venue staff to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Our ceilidh music is upbeat and energetic to help create that party atmosphere and our excellent microphone skills allow seamless transitions from one ceilidh dance to the next.
- We use industry-standard equipment with high-quality digital sound and computer-controlled lighting to create an amazing party atmosphere. Our equipment is regularly updated and we tailor our setups to suit each individual venue.
- We always carry back up equipment and have top-level roadside assistance, just in case!
What HAppens Next?
Like what you have read? We would love to hear from you!
We can have a chat through your ideas and tailor our Packages to suit. Once we have ironed out the details, you can go ahead and confirm the booking by paying the 25% non-refundable booking fee and signing the Entertainment Agreement. Both of these can be done online, or we can post the paperwork out to you if that’s easier. Once that’s done, your date is secure and it’s time to start practicing those dance moves!